Bobby pins are actually a Godsend. They help your hair dos, they help apply false eyelashes and even help you with your nails. Whoever invented these little pins didn’t know what good they would do for our beauty routine. If you’ve haven’t been using bobby pins for literally everything, read these amazing bobby pin hacks that will change your life!
Awesomeness continues after advertisement
1. First, of all, you’ve been doing it wrong.
THIS is the correct way you should be using a bobby pin. The straight side is slicker and won’t grip as well as the wavy, more textured side. Minds blown.
Awesomeness continues after advertisement>
2. Lock your hair to make sure that your bobby doesn’t go anywhere.
Take a larger bobby pin and aim the open end of the pin against the direction that your hair is pulled. Then, rotate the pin so the open end is facing the same direction as the hair and push the pin in toward your head to secure it. If you did this right, the pins will pull your hair tighter and be unnoticeable. Repeat these steps until your style is completely secure.
3. Make your hair look more chic with a stylish knot!
Tie the ends of your braid into a knot, and then slide a bobby pin upward into the knot to secure it. No hair ties = effortless looking hair.
4. Twist your hair and slip your bobby pin underneath to secretly pin back your strands.
If you’re looking for a way to pull back the sides of your hair but don’t want the pins to show, try this easy technique: Insert a bobby pin with the open end pointing toward your face and in the opposite direction of the section you’re pinning back. If one bobby pin isn’t strong enough, try using a larger one or reinforce it with a second pin right below.
5. Cover the elastic part of your ponytail with a section of hair pinned around the base.
After you’ve tied off your ponytail, grab a small section (about the width of your pinky) from underneath the tail and wrap it around the base. Tuck in any loose ends and secure it by inserting a bobby pin into the base.
6. Try the exposed bobby pin trend with #trendydesigns.
Pin back a section of hair with two bobby pins in an upward direction. Complete the hashtag by inserting two more bobby pins perpendicular to the first two.
7. Pin back a half-up hairstyle with a cute triangle design.
Pull small sections of hair from each side of your head and cross them in the back. While holding your hair in place with your hand, take a bobby pin and slide it in horizontally over the crossed section. Then take another bobby pin and slide it upward at a diagonal angle to set the right side. Repeat this on the left to complete the triangle. Remember to check on it as your hair might weigh down the triangle over time.
8. Pin your bangs back with a cool ombré chevron bobby pin design.
Pin your bangs with one bobby pin with the open end toward the ceiling. Complete the “V” shape by sliding one leg of another bobby pin at a downward angle inside the looped end of the first pin. Repeat as many times as you’d like to get the look you want.
9. Fix any loose pieces or bumps with cute bobby pins instead of redoing your entire hairdo.
If your hair has a lot of shorter layers that stick out of your braid, tuck them in with pretty pins.
10. Insert bobby pins into your ponytail holder vertically and prop up that ponytail.
First, put your hair in a ponytail. Then insert two or three bobby pins halfway inside the elastic, facing downward toward the crown of your head. Finally, play your ponytail and flip it over for a fuller look that won’t sag.
11. Make your curls last longer by pinning the sections after curling them until they’ve cooled.
After you’ve finished curling a section of hair, immediately roll the strand back up and pin it against your head. Once you’ve pinned all the sections up, wait for them to cool to room temperature and then take out the pins. (My Mom always said to stick your head in the fridge to speed up this part.) And now your curls will last longer!
12. Give yourself a pretend bob, even if you have long hair.
After you’ve given yourself some finger waves, tuck the ends under and pin them into place. There are plenty of YouTube videos to help achieve this look.
13. Store your pins in an old Tic Tac container.
You’ll never lose your bobby pins again and you can store them just about anywhere!
14. Use the end of a pin to create nail art.
Always wish you could make those fancy designs but never knew how? Dip the open end of a bobby pin into a bottle of nail polish. Use the tip for polka dots, lines or other designs.
15. Apply eyelash glue to false lashes with the tip of a clean bobby pin.
Pretty simple, instead of putting your glue on rogue, use it as a way to apply those beautiful lashes.