Curly hair can be a blessing and a curse all at the same time. All my curly girls know exactly what I mean.
Awesomeness continues after advertisement
Through trials and tribulations, we’ve come up with 5 curly hair hacks that actually work. Your curls will thank us.
Awesomeness continues after advertisement>
1. Enough with the hot water! Yeah, hot showers feel amazing but a warm shower can do the trick without stripping your hair and skin of moisture. Using hot water is just as bad as using a heating tool on your hair over, and over, and over again. Turn that hot water down so your hair will lock in moisture better and be a lot less frizzy.
2. Updos are cute, but sometimes as a curly girl, the flyaways and baby hairs go CRAY! To get those edges looking fleeky, use a little gel and a toothbrush to tame the mane – but uh, make sure it’s not the brush you use on your teeth. #GROSS
This #versatile hairstyle is now #LIVE on my channel!! I know you all have been itching for this video ever since I posted pics of it! LOL I used @HairFood Hair Milk Shampoo + Conditioner to prep my hair for this style! This is a great routine for a busy week! Watch the full video at the link in my bio! #HAIRFOOD #Ad
3. Towels are NOT your friend! The texture of a regular bath towel can actually snag your hair and cause major frizz. Ditch the towel and wrap your hair with a cotton T-Shirt instead. Your hair will thank you.
4. While cotton is great for drying your hair, it’s not so great to sleep on. Instead of using a basic cotton pillow case, try a satin or silk case. Cotton absorbs moisture so it takes a lot of moisture out of your hair. Silk and satin don’t strip those natural oils that keep your hair healthy. As an alternative, you could grab a silk or satin cap to throw on at night before you go to sleep.
5. Flat hair is a no-no when it comes to curls. Pump up your volume by blow drying your hair upside down on medium heat with low to medium power. As mentioned before, heat is not good for your hair so drying with medium heat is a lot better than that hot setting on your blow dryer.
So there you have it – 5 curly hair hacks that actually work! And if those aren’t enough tips to satisfy your hack craving, check out this video where I debunk a few Pinterest Hair Hacks.