One of the most fun trends of 2017 for parties, Instagram pics, and of course, music festivals, is glitter roots. Hailey Baldwin recently took the trend to the next level (“Galactic Barbie,” her stylist called it) by first dying her blonde hair blue.
Awesomeness continues after advertisement
To achieve the Galactic Barbie look yourself, you will need:
Awesomeness continues after advertisement>
- Wash-out blue hair dye
- Boar bristle brush
- Hair elastics and bobby pins
- Clear hair gel
- Thick silver glitter
- Flat makeup brush
1. Start by spraying your hair with temporary dye. Try this one in “Bengal Blue” from Jerome Russell, which will work on both dark hair and light. Spray in vertical sections to get that highlighted look.
2. Use a comb to make a deep part wherever your natural part falls, and brush your hair down into two buns at the nape of your neck. Secure with elastics and bobby pins. Use a boar bristle brush to make it extra smooth like Hailey’s, but leave the buns a bit messy.
3. Use the hairspray to spray down around your part, making the area sticky but not wet.
4. Mix the clear hair gel with the glitter, and with a flat makeup brush, paint it from your part down. Use gentle strokes so the glitter stays on the top layer of your hair (this will also make it easier to wash out later!). Continue building up the glitter until you get the amount you want.
5. Seal it all in place with another shot of hairspray.
This look will last all night no problem, whether you’re partying till dawn at Coachella or just out for a friend’s birthday. Long live the glitter.
Featured Image Source: Glamour