If you struggle with breakouts then you’re a normal human. But if you’d rather look like a runway glamazon than a normal human (at least when it comes to your complexion) then, honestly, you’re still just a normal human. Who doesn’t want their skin to look and feel clean and clear? Teen Vogue turned to celeb facialist Joanna Vargas for tips to get model-worthy skin IRL. Here’s what she had to share:
Awesomeness continues after advertisement
- Destress: Joanna says this is not a myth: Stress really DOES destroy your skin. Take some time to meditate (or better yet, just prioritize plenty of sleep and a healthy diet) and you’ll notice that as your stress levels go down, so will your number of breakouts.
- Cleanse: Joanna is a big proponent of cleansing to combat breakouts. No brainer right? Her advice: “Cleansing properly is so important to make sure the pores are completely detoxed and clear of any makeup.”
- Cleanse at NIGHT: Don’t put this one off. You’re basically guaranteed to wake up with a breakout, Joanna says.
- Use chamomile tea bags: These are Joanna’s go-to for kicking puffy eyes. Better yet? Her method gives you an excuse to hit the snooze button in the morning. “Apply them for five minutes while you snooze your alarm clock to de-puff, cool, and refresh the under eye area quickly,” she told Teen Vogue.
- Eat healthy: Seriously, this one helps everything about your life.
- Hydrate: Joanna says a lot of breakouts are the result of poor skin hydration. Moisturize, drink plenty of water and if you’re still feeling dry-skinned, “My solution to tired skin and bodies is a 4pm green juice. Not only will it revive your mind, but your skin will become more oxygenated and hydrated as a result,” Joanna says.
[H/T Teen Vogue]
Featured Image Source: LockerDome
Awesomeness continues after advertisement>