Have you ever awoken from a full-blown night terror because you dreamed your foundation didn’t match the rest of your skin? There you were, walking around with the dreaded Orange Line separating your face from your neck…
Awesomeness continues after advertisement
Yeah, I definitely haven’t either. But still, the fear is REAL. When it comes to paranoia, the panic-inducing mismatched foundation shade lands right behind having spinach stuck in your teeth when you run into your crush.
But fear not! bareMinerals has launched an app that may just save your life (well, at least your face). It’s called MADE-2-FIT, and it uses your phone’s camera to pinpoint the exact color of your skin, mix up a custom shade for you, and then ship it to your door within 24 hours!
Here’s how you use the app:
Awesomeness continues after advertisement>
1. Download the bareMinerals app, MADE-2-FIT (it’s free!).
2. Open the app, and turn on your sound (very important). It will prompt you to do so.
3. Watch the quick instructional video, and then click the “Scan” button.
This is what you’ll need for the whole scan:
4. The woman’s voice will then guide you through the steps of scanning your skin for its color. For every area of your face, you will tap your phone’s camera onto your skin five times. But first… you need to…
5. Calibrate your phone! Get a stack of white paper and hold your phone an inch above the paper. Tap your phone on the paper fives times.
6. Now, the app will guide you to do the same taps on five places on your body: your inner wrist, forehead, right cheek, left cheek, and jawline.
7. That’s it! Your color match will then be instantly created. If you want to purchase your foundation, the app will then prompt you to do so (of course). Each foundation runs $49 a pop for a 30ml bottle.
Full disclosure, the app only has two stars in the App Store (with only 137 reviews), but the good news is, if you don’t like the product that’s shipped to you, it’s 100 percent returnable with a full refund within 30 days. Plus, Bustle raved about the app, and it even made Allure‘s Best of Beauty list for 2017.
We say go for it! You gotta put yourself out there to find the perfect match, right?