Truth be told, I was secretly hoping this year’s Met Gala theme would be “Hangry Mermaids: The Art of Sparkles.” Fierce and glittery, that’s how I like my celebs dressed. That was, however, not the theme. Anna Wintour went with a much more straightforward idea and decided to celebrate female design icon Rei Kawakubo, naming the evening Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between.
Awesomeness continues after advertisement
Question for you fashion nerds, is the “art of the in-between” similar to Stranger Things’ land of The Upside Down? Asking for a friend. Either way, whether you’re a fashion lover or just love eyeing sparkly pieces of art, our favorite celebrities slayed the red carpet. Here are our favorite looks:
1. Selena Gomez dressed by Coach. PS: The Weeknd and her were ALL about the PDA last night. She even whispered “I love you” to him on the red carpet.
Awesomeness continues after advertisement>
2. Kendall Jenner is La Perla.
3. Emma Roberts in DVF.
4. Kylie Jenner in Versace.
5. Zoe Kravitz in Oscar de la Renta. THOSE ARE REAL ROSES.
6. Hailee Steinfeld wearing Vera Wang.
7. Zendaya wearing Dolce & Gabbana.
8. Rihanna wearing Comme des Garçons.
9. Bella Hadid wearing Alexander Wang (PS: This is EXACTLY what you wear to an event that your ex and his new famous girlfriend will be attending.)
10. Gigi Hadid wearing Tommy Hilfiger.
11. And last, but certainly not least, Lena Dunham wearing Commes Des Garçons and photobombing like the lady she is.
I’m currently desperately trying not to mention that Taylor Swift wasn’t there. Whoops. I just did. But where are you!? And what will your grand entrance back into this beautiful little paparazzi-filled world look like?
Feature Image Source