Awesomeness continues after advertisement
Her smash hit “Hurts So Good” is a moody, melodic journey through a complicated relationship (#relatable) and the video has been viewed more than 10 million times on YouTube, so when AwesomenessTV had a chance to sit down with Norwegian singer/songwriter Astrid S for an exclusive interview, we jumped at the chance.
Check out our Facebook Live interview here:
Awesomeness continues after advertisement>
The talented 21-year-old musician shared so much with us about her life and career, and learning more about how she got her start made us love her even more than we already did.
Ahead, discover six things you probably didn’t know about Ms. Astrid Smeplass.
1. Astrid and her brother used to ski to school in the wintertime.
She’s from a small mountain town in Norway of about 800 people where they get “two meters of snow” in the winter — that’s about 6.5 feet!
2. Growing up, she was obsessed with Hannah Montana.
“I remember having [the poster] on my door, so that was the first thing I saw when I woke up,” she said.
3. Her pre-show ritual is pretty hilarious.
Astrid said she and her band stack their hands in a pile, then throw them up in the air while shouting the name of the city where they’re performing. The funny part? They all shout the city name in Astrid’s Norwegian accent!
4. People were making out all over the place at her recent Los Angeles show — and she loved it.
“The crowd was definitely one of the better crowds I’ve had,” Astrid said of her September 25, 2017 show in L.A. “Everyone was having fun, and they sang along, and they were dancing and making out!”
5. If she could perform with anyone in the world, alive or dead, she’d choose Prince.
And she’d perform at The Forum in L.A. This girl is really winning us over #bestcoast.
6. The three things she wouldn’t tour without are…
Her phone, her band, and… her toothbrush! Oral hygiene FTW.