It’s hard to believe, but Valentine’s day is just around the corner (*sobs internally*). While my V-Day, or Eternally Single Day as I like to call it, may include major TV binging, pondering if I should adopt a dog, or googling inspirational quotes from Amy Poehler, the one constant is always pizza. Like, A LOT of pizza. So this year, I thought I’d step up my pie game with these pizza roses I see floating around on Pinterest.
Awesomeness continues after advertisement
When it comes to me and Pinterest recipes, however, it usually results in a total fail and a little crying. So, I did the responsible thing and tested these bad boys out for y’all. It turns out they’re a total win. Easy, adorable, and delicious. Here’s how you do it:
Awesomeness continues after advertisement>
Pepperoni (all cut in half)
1. Cut your pizza dough into strips that are about 8 inches long and 1.5 inches wide.
2. Cover strips with a spoonful of sauce.
3. Place the pepperoni, slightly overlapping each other, across the length of the strips. Make sure they only cover the top half of the strip, as you’ll be folding the dough over the pepperoni.
4. Sprinkle with Mozzarella.
5. Fold the bottom of the dough up toward the top to create a little packet.
6. Roll the dough until you create a rose shape.
7. Place roses in a muffin tin. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is fully cooked.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool.
9. Admire your amazing craftsmanship and then devour them ALL.
*Note: Pairs well with an arugula salad and The Notebook, Parks and Rec, or 10 Things I Hate About You.
P.S. I also kinda fantasize about bringing these cuties to the Superbowl party I’m attending and getting lots of “WTF, this is a MAN’S GAME” looks. How delightfully fun would that be? Just a thought. Let me know if you try it.
Feature Source Image